Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mercy

Jackson came home from school today and was on "oh no".  This is the worst offense at school for behavior.  Next step would be being sent to the principal's office.  I asked him why he was on "oh no" and he said he was showing kids a magazine that he took to school (Oriental Trading-ha!) because he was so excited about the ducks in the magazine and he couldn't sit still in his chair.  He got out of his seat after multiple requests to stay in his seat.  So he knows the drill.  Usually an "oh no" means no screen time, going straight to bed, etc.  Jackson goes, "I know I don't get any screen time or dinner tonight and I have to go straight to bed, but could you just have that word with me?" I wasn't sure what he was talking about so I asked him if he could describe the word he couldn't think of.  He said, "You remember that time the police man pulled you over and didn't give you a ticket? That's the word."  BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I have told Jackson that we need to show MERCY to each other some times because God was merciful to us in not giving us what we ultimately deserve which is separation from Him.  Because of Christ's death on the cross we have been shown grace and mercy by God.  I used the story of my ticket to demonstrate that the police man showed me mercy that day even though I deserved a ticket for speeding.  I asked Jackson if the word he was thinking of was "mercy".  He enthusiastically said, "Yes ma'am! That's the word!"  Yes, Jackson I will show you mercy.  You can eat dinner tonight.........before you go straight to bed. Oh how I love this kid!

No comments: